Illinois – A man from Lockport, IL gets life sentence in a home intrusion case this Monday.
30-year-old Edward Roberson invaded a home in Rock Island in October, 2016. He threatened 3 family members, including a kid with a sharp object. He ran from the investigators later when he was found nearby the victims’ house.
Therefore, Judge Norma Kauzlarich sentenced him for 15 years in home invasion burglary, 20 years for counts of break-in, and 6 years for hiding from the police and using tools to threaten the victims. Read more.
How to Stop Burglars from Entering Your Home
According to San Jose Police Department, home invasion is preventable – all you need is to be alert and take precautions seriously. Use these tips to stop burglars from entering your home:
- Never ignore a suspicious activity around your neighborhood and call police before it is too late.
- Illuminate your home when it is dark. Burglars and robbers avoid homes that are illuminated and streets that have more lights. Lightening helps in identifying the culprits easily which criminals fear.
- Keep your doors and windows locked, particularly when you are not at home or are going to sleep.
- Show your property is occupied even if it is not. For this, you can use a smart devices like smart plug and smart bulb.
- Keep your garage closed. Don’t leave windows open there.
- Keep your shrubbery maintained so burglars can’t find a hide out.
- Get a smart home security system for your home protection 24/7. A home security alarm system monitors your home even if you are not there for an extended period of time.