Texas – Fire kills an old woman in her home at Lacy Lakeview.
The Central Texas police responded to a call from South Joyce Street this Saturday. It was about 10:00 AM in the morning.
According to fire personnel, flames burned down the house within minutes. An old female homeowner lost her life. Her cousin informed that the victim was 73-years-old, had poor vision and was a patient of diabetes.
The fire broke out when her husband went to the market for groceries.
House Fire Safety Tips for Everyone
Thousands of homeowners suffer from house fires each year. The National Fire Prevention Association NFPA say – prevention is the only way to keep away from home fires. Here are some tips how to ensure safety:
Get Fire Alarms
- Get modern fire alarm equipment and install them at each portion of your house at strategic positions.
- Latest smoke-detectors are pet friendly and offer protection against overheating and freezing levels at home.
- Choose a monitoring plan for timely support.
Have an Action Plan
- Make an emergency evacuation plan and share it with your family members.
- Educate your kids to stay away from fire.
- Don’t go indoors in fire emergency situations.
- Call for help or get a monitored alarm system that can contact help instantly.
If you have a home security system, help will arrive soon.