Battle Creek, Michigan – A Battle Creek home fire killed a man and injured a woman. Police say it was arson and assault case. The suspect is taken into custody.
According to the details, a medical unit spotted smoke coming from a Parkway Drive house, this Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m.
They immediately rescued a burned woman but couldn’t rescue another body inside the house due to high flames.
The 37-year-old woman was badly injured with burns, cuts and broken bones. She indicated that a 47-year-old man assaulted and burned her house.
The suspect surrendered to police shortly after the incident. The case is still under investigation.
Ways to Stay Safe from House Fires
Fire spreads quickly, even a small fire can turn fatal causing property and life loss. Here are some of the tips to stay safe from fires:
The first rule is to be very careful while handling fire. Be attentive when you work in the kitchen and use space heaters and other heating equipment at home.
Place Smoke Detectors
Smoke alarms monitor your house 24-hour. In case of an emergency, the smoke detectors trigger for your safety. Place latest smoke detectors around your house for complete fire and heat protection.
Get a Home Security System
Modern home security systems provide multiple benefits including home security, safety, automation, and medical assistance. Having the best home automation alarm system in Michigan is a synonym to safety and complete peace of mind. For more details, contact us for free support.